Activate International Usage for Kotak Debit Card: When you apply and receive your Kotak debit card, the international transactions will be turned off by default. But what if you want to perform international transactions? In this case, there is nothing to worry about since you can manually enable it or simply send an SMS from your registered mobile number with the bank.
For this to happen, ensure you have your registered mobile number, Kotak CRN, internet banking User ID and Password. Keep reading to learn how to enable international transactions on Kotak Debit card without the hassle.
Activate Usage for Kotak Debit Card 811 Mobile App
- Download and install Kotak 811 mobile app on your smartphone.
- Complete the registration process using your CRN and registered mobile number.
- After successful registration, login into the app using the six-digit MPIN or fingerprint authentication.
- Scroll down the page and click on the ‘Service Requests’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Debit Card’ option.
- From the menu, tap on the ‘Card Controls’ option.
- You will then have to enable the ‘Ecom/POS/ATM’ option under the ‘International Controls’ section as per your preference.
- Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button after which you should enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Finally, click on ‘Continue’ to enable an international transaction.
Method 2: By Sending SMS
- Open the message app on your smartphone and type in DCENB (Space) Last four digits of the card number.
- Send this message to 9971056767.
- Once the message is delivered successfully, the international transaction will be activated on your debit card.
Hopefully, this guide will come in handy the next time you decide to activate international usage for Kotak debit cards. Fortunately, you can also disable international transactions once done with everything. This action aims to secure your card from possible fraud.