Block Missing IDFC First Bank Debit Card: Are you unable to find your debit card? If so, there is no reason to panic since you can block it instantly and avoid misuse of the card and money loss. The good news is that you have the freedom to temporarily or permanently block the card without visiting the nearest IDFC First Bank branch.
Block Missing IDFC Debit Card
But before you start the process, ensure you have a mobile number registered with the bank, IDFC bank app login when relying on the bank app and IDFC Netbanking User ID and Password if you want to block the card through internet banking. This guide will take you through the methods to block your missing IDFC First Bank debit card.
Method 1: By Calling Customer Care
- Dial 1800 419 4332 from your registered mobile number.
- Once the call gets connected, select the ‘Block Debit Card’ option from the IVRS menu.
- Choose ‘Temporary Block’ or ‘Permanent Block’ option.
- Verify your details with the customer executive and the card will be blocked instantly.
Method 2: Using IDFC First Bank Netbanking Facility
- On your most preferred web browser, visit IDFC First Bank Netbanking website using https://my.idfcbank.com/.
- You’ll be redirected to the portal’s homepage. Here, correctly fill in your Username and Password after which you should click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- From the left menu, click on the ‘Debit Card’ option.
- Next, select the ‘Block/Unblock Cards’ option.
- You can now see the ‘Temporary Block’ or ‘Permanent Block’ option.
- If you select the ‘Permanent Block’ option, you have to enter a reason to block it as a card damaged or card lost/stolen.
By following any of the above-given methods, you’ll block your IDFC First Bank Debit Card instantly. Remember, you can still block the card by sending an SMS, using WhatsApp or using the Mobile Banking app. The method you settle on is entirely based on your preference.