Block SBI ATM Card: There might come a time when you accidentally lose your SBI ATM Card. Or maybe, the card gets stolen and ends up in the wrong hands. When this happens, you need to block the card within the shortest time possible to prevent unauthorized access. After all, lost ATM cards can result in misuse.
Block SBI ATM Card
The good news is that the State Bank of India offers different ways to block your lost or misplaced ATM Card. In this guide, we will share the different methods you can leverage to block ATM Card immediately.
Through Internet Banking
- Visit the SBI Bank’s internet banking website on your smartphone or PC- https://onlinesbi.com.
- Fill in your login credentials and click on the ‘Submit’ button to access your account.
- Select the ‘eServices’ option and click on the ‘ATM Card Services’ option.
- On the next page that appears, you have to click on the ‘Block ATM Card’ option.
- Choose the account for which you want to block the SBI ATM card and click on ‘Continue’.
- You can now see a list of Active ATM Cards with the bank account. Select the card you want to deactivate.
- Choose the reason for blocking the card i.e., Lost or Stolen after which you should click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Confirm your decision in the step that follows.
- Finally, authenticate using your One Time Password or Profile Password to block the card.
By Calling Customer Care
- From your registered mobile number with the bank, dial 1800 425 3800.
- Select your most preferred language.
- Press ‘0’ to select the ATM Card Blocking option.
- A customer care Executive will answer your call and request your Date of Birth, Name, and Address to mention a few for confirmation purposes.
- Once all the details are verified, the card will be blocked instantly. You will be issued a ticket for future reference.
Be sure to use any of the above-given methods the next time you want to block your lost or stolen SBI ATM card without moving an inch.