Change UPI ID in BHIM App: Many people in India are now leveraging the BHIM Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as their most preferred payment method. Of course, there is nothing wrong with taking this approach since you don’t need any account information to transfer funds. Instead, you only require a UPI ID to transfer and receive funds.
How to Change UPI ID in BHIM App
- Open the installed BHIM app on your smartphone and enter the Passcode to access your account.
- From the bottom menu, tap on the ‘Profile’ icon.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page where you can see the UPI ID associated with the app.
- Tap on the ‘Add UPI ID’ option.
- Enter the UPI ID of choice and tap on ‘Check Availability’.
- If the UPI ID of choice is not available, consider adding some numbers or letters.
- To change the UPI ID, tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Primary’ option and select the newly created UPI ID to set it to default.
Regardless of the UPI App, you use to send and receive money; you can easily change your UPI ID as long as you understand how to go about it.