Delete a Beneficiary Account in SBI: For you to transfer funds from the State Bank of India (SBI) bank to another using internet banking facility, you’ll first have to add a beneficiary. But what if you won’t send money to this bank account again? In that case, you’re free to delete the beneficiary account. This post will take you through the simple steps to follow whenever you want to delete a beneficiary account in SBI online.
Keep in mind deleting a beneficiary account goes a long way in making sure you minimize the loss that occurs when you mistakenly send money to the wrong account. Better, it serves as the perfect opportunity to remove un-used beneficiaries and keep track of the most used beneficiaries. That said, below is the step-by-step guide to delete a beneficiary account in SBI online;
Delete a Beneficiary Account in SBI
- Visit the official website of SBI internet banking facility using https://onlinesbi.com/
- Now login to your account by typing in your Username and Password. Click on the ‘Login’ button once you enter the login credentials
- On the new page displayed, enter your SBI Profile Password correctly
- Select the type of beneficiary account i.e., Intra-bank beneficiary and inter-bank beneficiary
- All the beneficiary accounts will be displayed on the screen of your device
- Next, click on the ‘View Delete’ tab and choose the beneficiary you want to delete
- On the same page, you’ll have to click on the ‘Show Details’ button before scrolling down
- Here, you’ll find the ‘Delete’ button
- Confirm you want to delete the beneficiary in SBI and click on the ‘OK button. The selected beneficiary is now successfully deleted
There you have it, the simple steps to follow when looking to delete a beneficiary account in SBI online. That way, you’ll no longer have to worry about sending money to the wrong bank account mistakenly.