Enable International Usage for SBI Debit Cards: State Bank of India (SBI) account holders who plan to travel abroad but still want to use their debit card for making transactions and withdrawals can still do so hassle-free. To pull this off, you’ll first have to enable international usage. Luckily, this is never going to eat into your precious time since there are different methods you can leverage.
This guide will take you through simple ways to enable international transaction on SBI debit card without going through a lot. Either way, you need to have your registered mobile number, the last 4-digits of your SBI debit card and your SBI profile password. Keep on reading to find out more.
Enable international Usage for SBI Debit Cards using Netbanking Facility
- Open the SBI internet banking website and login to your account using your Username and Password
- After a successful login, click on the ‘e-Services’ tab
- Next, click on the ‘ATM Services’ option on the left-hand side of your screen
- Now click on the ‘ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change’ option
- To proceed, select the ‘Enable CPN Channel’ option
- You’ll then have to change the user type to international under the ‘Select Service’ option
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button for your SBI debit card to be activated
Enable international Usage for SBI Debit Cards using SBI Yono App
- Download and install the SBI Yono app on your smartphone
- Complete the registration process using your registered mobile number with the bank, OTP verification and Netbanking User ID and Password
- Now login to the app using the six-digit Pin
- From the homepage, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon
- Next, tap on ‘Service Request’ from the options displayed
- Tap on the ‘ATM/Debit Card’ option
- Correctly enter your ‘SBI Profile Password’ and tap on the ‘Submit’ button
- A new screen will be displayed. Here, select the ‘Manage Card’ option
- From the drop-down list that appears, select the account number and card number after which you should tap on the ‘Manage Usage’ option
- Enable international usage by tapping on a Toggle button
- Tap on the ‘Next button and an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Finally, enter the OTP and tap on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the process
Hopefully, these steps will come in handy the next time you decide to enable international transaction on SBI debit card without the hassle.