Fix UPI Registration Failed Error in BHIM, Check if Your Number is Registered in the Bank and Ensure Your Mobile Number is in the Network Range in SIM Slot 1…
Many people can attest to the fact that the BHIM app has made the transfer of online payments between two bank accounts through your mobile phone very easy, secure, and superfast. This app relies on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) system to make online transactions instantly in real-time. No wonder it continues to attract the attention of those looking to make the speedy transfer.
UPI Registration Failed Error
To leverage this app, you will first have to complete the registration process. However, you may encounter a ‘UPI Registration Failed’ error when completing the registration. The good news is that you can solve this error without encountering any issues whatsoever. This guide will show you what it takes to fix this error.
Fix UPI Registration Error
Ensure the SIM is inserted in SIM Slot 1
- If your smartphone happens to have a dual SIM tray, you need to check the slot you are using for the SIM.
- Even though there is nothing wrong with inserting your bank registered mobile number in SIM slot 2, this decision can work against you.
- That’s why you might constantly receive the error message when completing the registration process.
- To solve the issue, insert the SIM in SIM Slot 1 before proceeding.
Check if Your Number is Registered in the Bank
- Chances are your mobile number might not be registered in the bank.
- When this is the case, the UPI app will not recognize your identity thus resulting in a failed UPI registration process.
- Ensure you visit your bank branch and fill out the form to link your mobile number with the bank account.
Ensure Your Mobile Number is in the Network Range
- When using a Wi-Fi connection to download the app but your smartphone doesn’t have network coverage, you will not be able to send an SMS.
- For this reason, your registration of UPI can fail.
- To solve the issue, moving to the area network coverage is good before retrying.
Provided you know the reason behind the UPI registration failed error in the Bhim app ‘UPI‘ issue, you can solve it without going through a lot.