Choosing a best refrigerator is one of the easiest task but getting the best is a different task all together. As we advance and change our livelihood some appliances start becoming part of us. In the past refrigerators were considered to be owned by certain families and institutions.
This has change as we have this appliance in our home and has come in handy in food preservation. Refrigerator manufactures have gone on discovering what works well and loved the most. They have come up with new refrigerants which are healthier and risk free for both human and environment. Same way we have different kinds of refrigerators. Some taking higher ranking due to their prices, functionality and devices which make them.
Here take a comparison of for frost free and condenser fridges. We might want to have a bit of information about each whether they are types of refrigerators or parts of fridges. This will give more impression which one might go for when making a buying decision of Best Refrigerator.
What are the basic which one should check before considering a best refrigerator?
We can filter and see what can work for each best refrigerator needs:
- Capacity: I believe you want to buy a fridge which will fit all your stuff. This should priority take according to the family size and the needs. Actually capacity is given in two terms the net and gross.
- Energy consumption: yes families comes first but also we have to check the energy being used. High rates of energy will lead to extra money for the electricity bill. Read the instruction and guidelines here you will find out a lot about the refrigerator.
- Compressor: here where the refrigerators do their cooling no matter the type whether the normal or the digital compressor it best to see what will work for you. Speed makes all the difference between this two.
- Defrosting: we have some refrigerators which require manual defrosting but some do it automatically after some time they will give heat and the ice melts out.
With some of this basics one can think of what to take home. You might not find the whole combination but at least you find one with several of this.
Frost free freezers:
This are the latest discovery from the refrigerator manufactures. They are makes in a much simpler way where one doesn’t have to manually defrost the ice build ups. They are taken as the problem solver for the refrigerators. What happens is some fridges accumulate ice which is not healthy for the food and drinks.
It might be a problem, maybe your refrigerator is damaged. In most cases the problem is cause by minor stuff like opening the fridge door for too long, loose door hinges and block vents. Excess air causes abnormal buildup of ice thus causing the food to spoil.
Frost free freezers will automatically remove the ice buildup after some hours. This making it the best option. However we can look at the pro and cons of the frost free fridges.
- Low maintenance: this the best part of frost free refrigerator. You won’t worry about defrosting the appliance. Thus saving time and the whole effort of using wooden spoons and hot water towels to reduce ice buildup. With the frost free maybe once in a year you can clean the storage and have monthly clean up to avoid bad odors.
- No frost damage: when we have ice buildup in our refrigerator it sometimes makes the food to spoil or just have the unpleasant smell. With the frost free freezers and fridges this are rare cases since the appliance will defrost automatically. No ice buildup on the food and the compartments making the refrigerator look organized.
- Space: space is essential when it comes to fridges. Frost free fridges save up big spaces as no space is taken up by the ice buildup. The refrigerator will defrost and keep the compartments free and with the same space for food.
- Cost/price: frost free fridges happen to be expensive and will make one dig deeper than the normal traditional fridge. This doesn’t just go to buying price but the operating cost too. It uses a lot of electricity to heat up and melt all the ice buildup.
- Space: space appears for both pro and cons. Since the frost free fridge doesn’t make up ice buildups and saves on space. Most people take advantage and fill the compartments and no space is found. Remember the frost free use air and heat to defrost the ice. When a lot of stuff are store air doesn’t circulate thus causing ice and food spoilage.
Fridges with condensers
Open condenser fridges are mostly classified as the single door, manual defrosters. This type have natural draft condenser which help produce heat to the refrigerator using the normal air. This are the traditional refrigerators which most of us still us. They don’t automatically defrost and one has to do the process manually maybe once in a year or according to the need. There are also the forced air, where the air is forced inside the condenser coils by the help of a fan thus cooling the appliance. The same air is used and heated up to reduce and clear the buildup ice.
Though they are manual and traditional refrigerators they still serve as the new model fridges. However we can see some of their pros and cons.
Manual fridges are cheap and can be found easily. They don’t use up a lot of electricity thus saving energy.
- Maintenance: open condenser/ manual fridges take a bit of time and energy to maintain. Ice buildups will cause food spoilage and odors. This brings by extra work of manual defrosting.
- Space: ice buildups on this type of fridges takes a lot of space and cause low circulation of air. One has to keep the fridge free from the ice to have proper functioning.
In conclusion best refrigerators, they are meant to make life much easier and preserve our stuff. We have variety of choices and also we can think of new technologies. Going with the frost free refrigerators is my take as it is hassle free and modernized. Am sure you will find all the spare gadgets available in the market as compared to the traditional refrigerators which are being faced out. Yeas condensers are also fine choice but have less advantage over frost free they work well be new stuff and digitalized work much better and will be much easier to maintain. With time everyone will afford and they will depreciate to a level of common person price.