Get Your SBI Passbook Copy Online: Initially, SBI bank account holders had to write an application letter to the branch manager when requesting a new passbook. Even though you can still make do with this process, times have changed. Nowadays, you can request a new passbook using the internet banking facility with or without an internet connection. This guide will take you through the things to know when planning to get a new passbook online.
Steps to Get SBI Passbook Online
For you to get a new SBI passbook online, you need to have your registered mobile number with the bank, SBI internet banking User ID, and Password. With these requirements in place, follow the steps given below to get your passbook online:
- First things first, download the SBI Yono Lite App on your phone.
- Install the app before completing the registration process using your internet banking User ID and Password.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number with the bank for verification purposes.
- Once you complete the registration, log in to the Yono Lite app using your USER ID and Pin.
- From the main screen, tap on the ‘My Accounts’ option.
- On the new page that’s displayed, click on the ‘mPassbook’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘View mPassbook’ option.
- From the screen that appears, select your account number.
- Tap on the ‘Refresh Icon’ to fetch the latest transactions with the bank.
- You can now be able to view your SBI passbook online on your phone without the hassle.
Provided you have the SBI Yono Lite app installed on your phone, you’ll no longer have to make do with endless visits to the nearest SBI Bank branch when in dire need of your passbook.