Account holders with the State Bank of India (SBI) can attest that the bank offers many banking facilities. Actually, there is nothing wrong with that since it’s meant to guarantee customer satisfaction. To stand a better chance of enjoying these services, you need to share your up-to-date mobile number with them.
The good news is that you can easily change your registered mobile number. Whereas it is tempting to complete this process by going to the bank and filling out a form, you can also leverage the Internet. In this guide, we will take you through some of the most notable methods of changing the registered mobile number in SBI.
Change Your Registered Mobile Number in SBI
Method 1: Through SMS
- First up, visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Here, you need to log in using your credentials
- Once you access your account, click on the ‘Profile’ option
- On the new page that appears, click on the ‘Personal Details/Mobile’ section
- Authenticate using your profile password and select the ‘Change Mobile Number through OTP’ option
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button before you enter and re-enter your new mobile number
- Select the verification method as OTP for both mobile numbers and your account. Click on the ‘Proceed’ button
- Choose your ATM Card and click on ‘Proceed’
- Correctly fill in your card details such as Card Number, Cardholder name and ATM PIN
- Fill in the Captcha and click on ‘Proceed’
- A notification will be displayed on your screen asking you to confirm 1 Rs Transaction
- Click on the ‘Pay’ button to confirm your transaction. An OTP and Reference Number will then be sent to both mobile numbers
- Send an SMS ACTIVATE< 8-Digit OTP Value>< 13-Digit Reference Number to 567676 from both mobile numbers to confirm the mobile number change request
- You’ve successfully completed the process to change your mobile number, and you can see the status in your profile section.
There you have it—the steps to follow whenever you want to change your registered mobile number in SBI. Keep in mind that you can also perform this action using an ATM or through the Contact Center.