Check EPF Balance, Employee EPF Amount details, Check Your EPF Balance 2021 at epfindia.gov.in…
The Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a compulsory retirement-oriented investment aimed at making sure employees have a better life once they retire. With the EPF, both the employee and employer have to contribute an equal amount towards savings. This amount can only be availed upon retirement or after switching jobs.
Rather than waiting until your employer shares your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) statement at the end of the year, you can now leverage the internet to know your balance. To pull this off successfully, you have to take full advantage of the EPFO portal. You must, however, have your account tagged with your Universal Account Number (UAN).
Keep in mind every employee only has one UAN during their work-life regardless of the companies they change. That said, in this post, we will take you through the simple steps to follow if you are to know your EPF balance online.
EPF Balance Check Using EPFO Portal
Provided you have activated your Universal Account Number; it will only be a matter of time before you finally check your EPF balance. To help you get started, here are simple steps to follow and have a look at your EPF balance hassle-free.
- Employees will first have to visit the EPFO portal using https://www.epfindia.gov.in as the URL. Of course, you are free to use any web browser of choice
- On the homepage of the EPFO portal, click on the ‘For Employees’ option that is under the ‘Our Services’ tab
- Next, click on the ‘Member Passbook’ option under the ‘Services’ column
- A login page will appear on the screen of your device from where you have to correctly enter your Username (UAN Number) and Password in the space set aside for these details
- Enter the Captcha Code as it appears in the image and clicks on the ‘Login’ button to access your account
- After logging in successfully, you can check your EPF balance under the respective Member ID. All you have to do is select the Member ID to view your passbook.
Employee EPF Amount details
Provided you have an activated UAN number, it will not take long before you finally check your EPF balance. The good news is the PF balance check is available for both current and previous organizations. You should, however, keep in mind it takes 24 hours for the EPF balance to be updated.
For those who are not into the internet that much, then you can check your PF balance on your mobile phone by simply installing the UMANG application. To have a smooth ride, you need to complete a one-time registration by simply entering the One Time Pin (OTP) sent on your registered mobile number the moment you download the app on your smartphone.
Regardless of the option you choose to use, you will know your EPF balance without encountering any issues whatsoever. Hopefully, these steps can serve as a good starting point if you are to know your EPF Balance at https://www.epfindia.gov.in.