Ways to Deposit a Cheque in SBI Bank Without Delay or Mistake
A bank check remains one of the most vital modes of payment in India. And with the world going digital, you no longer have to go through a lot whenever you want to deposit a check. After all, you can get done with everything from the comfort of your home at any time you find appealing.
Deposit a Cheque to SBI Bank
If you’re an account holder with the State Bank of India (SBI), you can drop a check within a couple of minutes. All you need is your account number and debit card when you choose to use a CDM machine. Below are the simple steps to follow when planning to deposit a cheque in SBI bank via CDM machine:
- Visit the nearest Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) and insert your SBI debit card.
- Correctly fill in the PIN of your debit card.
- Ensure the check does not have any folds in the corner or in the middle, after which you should insert it into the CDM machine.
- The image of your cheque will be displayed on the screen. Here, confirm whether the cheque is correctly scanned before pressing on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- You will receive a printed receipt of the cheque with the cheque number mentioned in it. Confirm the details and leave the machine.
- Wait for three working days before you can finally receive money in your account.
Cheque in SBI
Thanks to the Cash Deposit Machine (CDM), a cheque collection machine that is similar to ATM, you can now deposit a cheque in SBI bank within the shortest time possible. To pull this off, you have to insert your cheque into the machine and verify your account details. Through this action, you only have to wait three working days before you finally receive money in your account. Keep in mind you can still get the cash credited on the same day.