Linking your PAN card with banks and financial institutions is now mandatory in India. In most cases, you’ll be required to link your PAN card to your bank account when opening a new one. If, for any reason, you are yet to have yours linked to your SBI account, you can do so anytime, anywhere.
You can either decide to complete the process online or offline, depending on the method you find appealing. In this guide, we’ve compiled the steps to follow whenever you want to link your PAN card with your SBI account online. Read on to complete the process from the comfort of your home.
Link your PAN Card with Your SBI Account
- Using your most preferred web browser, you need to visit https://www.onlinesbi.com
- From the login page, click on the ‘Login’ button
- A new screen will appear where you have to click on the ‘Continue Login’ option
- Login to the site using your User ID and Password
- From the horizontal menu of the main dashboard, click on the ‘e-Services’ option
- On the new screen that appears, you can now see different services offered by SBI. Here, click on the ‘PAN Registration’ option
- Correctly enter your ‘Profile Password’ in the space set aside for this detail
- Select your Account Number before you can enter your PAN Number to link with the account
- Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button to save the changes
You’ve now successfully submitted your request for linking your PAN card to your SBI account online. This request will be approved by the bank in minutes. In order to check the status of your PAN Card linking application, you need to click on the ‘Status’ tab. The good news is that you can perform this action at any time of the day as long as you’re connected to the internet.