It is now mandatory to have Aadhaar when opening an account with any bank in India. Things are not any different for old users who are yet to link their Aadhaar card with their bank account since they also have to complete the process. Fortunately, most banks in India allow account holders to link Aadhaar with their accounts without moving a muscle.
One such financial institution is the renowned Axis Bank. This bank has introduced two ways in which account holders can easily link their Aadhaar to their accounts. Keep on reading to find out more.
Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account
Link Aadhaar through Internet Banking
- Visit the official website of Axis Bank’s internet banking service using https://retail.axisbank.co.in as the URL
- To access your account, correctly fill in the login credentials, after which you should click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Once you access your account, click on the three dashes located in the top left corner
- Click on the ‘Link Your Aadhaar’ option under the service menu
- Now choose your account and click on the ‘Proceed’ button
- You can now see your account ID and account number. Click on ‘Confirm’ if they’re okay
- Correctly enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Next, check the box and click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Once your Aadhaar number is verified, it will be linked to your Axis Bank account. It is then that you will receive a confirmation message once done
Linking Aadhaar to your Axis bank account is never going to take most of your valuable time. Simply follow the steps given above to complete the process. Keep in mind you can also decide to link Aadhaar through the Axis mobile app without encountering any issues whatsoever.