Once you open an account with the State Bank of India (SBI), the branch will upload a request for the issue of a debit card. You have to complete the application process, after which the ATM card will be dispatched to your address. It is then that the bank will send an SMS to your registered number informing you about your courier reference number.
You can use this reference number whenever you want to track the SBI debit card status through India Post. Things tend to be different when you want to know the status before dispatch. In this case, you can complete the process online.
SBI Debit Card Tracking and Status Check
That being said, below is a simple step-by-step guide to follow whenever you want to track the status of your SBI Debit Card;
- First up, open your SMS app and correctly note down the tracking number of the postage
- You will then have to visit the Speed Post Tracking website on your smartphone or PC- https://www.indiapost.gov.in
- Here, scroll down to the ‘Track & Trace’ section
- Correctly enter the ‘Consignment Number’ together with the ‘Captcha Code’ displayed. Click on the ‘Search’ button to proceed
- Wait for the tracking number to be verified before you can see the SBI ATM card status on your screen
- You’ll also be able to see the current location of your package and the expected delivery status
Tracking the status of your SBI debit card does not have to be the underlying reason behind your woes. All it takes is for you to follow the above-given steps, and you are good to. The moment you receive the card, be sure to activate it and generate the PIN. Through this action, you can easily use it at an ATM or when performing online transactions regardless of your current location.