Transfer SBI Bank Account: Initially, there was no way you could transfer your SBI bank account from one branch to another from the comfort of any location. Instead, you had to visit the branch and complete the process offline. Even though it is still applicable, taking this route only eats into your precious time.
How to Transfer SBI Account to another Branch Online
To avoid the hassle, it is recommended that you complete the transfer online. That way, you stand a better chance of saving both time and money. This guide will take you through how to transfer an SBI bank account from one branch to another offline and online.
- Visit the SBI internet banking website on your smartphone- https://onlinesbi.com.
- Correctly enter your User ID and Password in the space set aside for these details.
- Enter the Captcha as it appears and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- You’ve now logged in to your account successfully. Next, click on the ‘E-services’ option from the dashboard.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page on the site where you need to click on the ‘Transfer of Savings Account’ option.
- From the form that opens, select the account number which you want to transfer.
- Correctly enter the Branch Code of the bank which you want to transfer in and click on the ‘Get Bank Name’ option.
- Now click on ‘I Accept Terms and Conditions’ if in agreement with everything.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed.
- Check whether you’ve entered all the details correctly before clicking on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Enter the High-security password (OTP) sent to your phone and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- The request is now submitted successfully. Your account will be transferred to the new SBI branch after a couple of days.
Hopefully, these steps will come in handy the next time you decide to transfer your SBI account to another branch online.